The Good Wine Shop is a growing, independent, small business which employs people with a real passion for wine, craft beers and artisan spirits. We have two shops – in Chiswick and Kew in West London.
Store Manager – Richmond Shop(new store opening)
This is a really exciting opportunity for an experienced Wine Retail Specialist to further develop their career in the wine industry. We are a growing and ambitious company and will be opening our third shop site on Richmond Hill in south west London in the coming months. We are looking for a highly motivated & experienced manager to lead our team from opening. You will be responsible for running all aspects of a hybrid retail wine business including sales, tasting events, private client relations, range management, marketing and social media.
We are looking for the following attributes or experience:
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Strong ability to build rapport with customers and advise on wine, spirits and specialist beer purchases at all levels
- A well developed sales instinct and commercial awareness and track record of growing general sales and private client fine wine opportunities.
- Strong retail skills and experience of delivering on-site wine service(hospitality) will be important.
- Demonstrable experience of the ability to develop and implement local marketing and PR plans.
- A high level of integrity, reliability and trustworthiness together with a positive, driven and self-motivating attitude.
- Strong organisational skills and an attention to detail as well as being energetic and physically fit.
- A good degree of common sense as well as the ability to problem solve and be flexible where required.
- A smart, professional attitude coupled with a warm and friendly manner and a sense of humour
You should also have the following:
- A passion for and excellent knowledge of fine wine, spirits & beer(minimum WSET Level 3 or Ideally Level 4 or equivalent experience)
- Excellent numeracy, with strong excel and written communication skills.
- Experience of organising, hosting and marketing tasting events – both formal and informal
- Ability to take full responsibility for the day to day running of the store.
- An awareness and experience of using social media and other relevant online marketing channels effectively.
We already have a strong business model and systems and are looking for individuals who can establish this store in the same business mould and framework and enhance it with the experience and drive which they will bring.
Benefits: A competitive salary based on experience, performance related bonus, company pension scheme, staff discount scheme.